Yoga Instructor Calgary - Karine
For corporate or in-home yoga classes
Born and raised in Mexico City, I moved to Calgary in 2011.
I have a background in dance. Always drawn to the fitness industry, I have explored a variety of techniques and offerings. Before fully immersing in yoga, I taught Jazzercise and Dailey Method (barre). I occasionally teach mat pilates as well. In yoga, I have trained in vinyassa/flow and yin. I draw from all these disciplines to create classes that meet the student's needs and expectations.
My recent studies focus on meditation and Yoga Nidra.
I teach from what I experience in my personal practice, and always hoping to make a difference in the way people relate to their bodies, allowing them to find ease of movement to enjoy their everyday activities.
In my classes, I offer fun and creative sequences, with modifications for every level (I encourage the use of props to make the poses accessible and save for every body). I give a lot of alignment cues and I give special attention to transitions between poses. I work with strength and balance, but I always add a yin and restorative component, so you get a well rounded class.
Classes can be customised to your needs and goals.
I speak Spanish, French and English (classes available in all 3 languages).
MY YOGA QUALIFICATIONS:
- 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training with Kevin Elander, Sara Villamil and Britta Erickson at Yoga Mandala.
- 30-hour Yin Training with Stephanie Staniforth.
- I will be taking a Yoga Nidra training in January and February 2017.
- Registered with Yoga Alliance.
- Liability insurance.
- Bachelor in International Relations
- Natural Nutrition Program at the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition